Followers

Monday 23 May 2016

Getting my...

...GROOVI on.

I have said before, I love Parchment craft but I am not a 'Parcher' - I don't have the patience. However, when Barbara Grey brought out the GROOVI plates I thought here was something that I could do as I used to enjoy light-box embossing and over recent months I've acquired a plate or three and a few parchment tools. I've only dabbled but I've enjoyed what I've done and surely that is one of the main reasons to craft - to enjoy it.

Joanne Pearson teaches parchment craft at Pinnacle Crafts and she mentioned that she was having a GROOVI plate lesson. I booked a place and Saturday was the day.

Starting off with a selection of plates and tools...
 ...as you can see here (Platemate, Holly border, nested shape and a winter scene plate) and using some parchment paper...
 ...some glitter paper and a few water-based pens. This is what I came up with...
 ...a Winter scene of my own making. This is where the fun of using the GROOVI plates is, because you can mix & match plates taking bits from different designs to create the effect you are aiming for.

I think if I do this scene again, I will make the snowy areas a bit 'whiter'.

My second piece was a mix of a frame plate, lettering from the Platemate...
...and a mix of snowflakes from the Winter plates that I got last year (just before Christmas).

This piece isn't finished as I need to add some sparkle.

Both pieces were "cut out" using an edging tool - first time I had tried this. I wouldn't say that my edges were the neatest but it was fun learning something new.

I may not have been the most productive individual there but I did enjoy the day - thank you Joanne, it was interesting doing something outside of my normal comfort zone..........................................

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous...I haven't tried the Groovi plates...I know I wouldn't have the patience for parchment and also I don't think mine would end up white!!!! Well done. xx

Stef H said...

o wow! WOW! gorgeous. i thought it was just embossing on vellum. who knew!
hope your weather improves!
have a great week!

hugs :)

Redanne said...

What a great way to get that 'parchment' look, you have done a brilliant job - I love the gorgeous snowflakes on the 'let it snow' one especially! xxx

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Very very nice... A few of our croppers love this system too jx

Chidkid said...

Never heard of them...I'm going to have to explore now! Doh! You're a bad influence! Lol

Virginia said...

Oh Toni - they are beautiful!