Followers

Tuesday 21 June 2016

A year has passed...

...since I sadly said good-bye to 8 of my staff.

The 31st May 2015 was officially the last day of service for eight members of my staff as my business stream had taken the decision that there was no longer a role for our lowest grade of staff.

It has been a difficult year, dealing with the loss of over half my team and trying to keep those remaining motivated as they absorbed the duties of those who had gone (as well as continuing with their own roles).

We have had successes - one of the remaining team was promoted and we gained three new staff from business areas that had been disbanded and offices that had closed.

However, it still did not make up for the sadness of losing staff who had been part of my team for a number of years.

On Friday I was able to invite one of my ex-staff back to receive a very special item.

I was able to present the Imperial Service Medal to one of my ex-staff; Anne.

Anne knew she was going to receive 'something' as a result of her length of service but the medal was a surprise...
 ...here she is with the medal. She was so excited & very 'chuffed' and kept muttering "but I don't deserve this".
This is the medal itself...
...it is engraved with her name around the edge and is beautifully presented.

Government employees in the lowest clerical grades can be nominated for this medal once they have left the Department (there are conditions relating to length of service & conduct) and if approved, the medal is sanctioned by HM the Queen.

I felt very proud being able to present this to one of my former staff................................................

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Crikey Toni - a year already - where does the time go! What a beautiful thing to receive and well deserved no doubt, she looks very happy to receive it!

Hope you have a grand day!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sow I have never heard of this award but it is lovely, well done to her

Redanne said...

What a lovely post Toni, sad and happy all at the same time. Anne sure looks happy with her award! Hugs, Anne xx

Sandra said...

Oh how lovely and just look at that smile

Chidkid said...

Wow! That's awesome! I love this...it's not often we can share such good news.