Followers

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Summer is here...

...for the moment.

The sunshine and hotter weather has been with us since St Swithin's Day (15 July) but the forecasters seem divided as to how long this lovely weather is going to stick around.

There have been hints that thunderstorms are on their way and temperatures will drop by the end of the week. British weather is always unpredictable so I'll just make the most of what we have.

Tuesday, Mum had an appointment that my Sister & I were accompanying her to, so I had a day off work.

As the appointment was in the afternoon, I popped over to Barleylands to sit in the sunshine and spend a couple of hours colouring. It was glorious.

Beautiful blue skies...
 ...everywhere you looked...
...dappled shade creating lovely seating areas...
 ...so not too hot but still lovely and warm...
...and although the craft village & farm were busy, it was still possible to sit there and think you were the only person in the world.

Oh, and what was I colouring?

Christmas digi images LOL (I need to re-do the photos of the images as the shade made everything come out with a blue tinge).

A spot of lunch and then off to pick my Sister up.

A lovely way to spend a morning............................................................

4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love your pics Toni, I can't wait for our summer to rollllllll on.xx {aNNie}

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad it is going to be cooler tomorrow, low 20's suits me fine. Lovely pics

Sandra said...

I think we'd be shocked if the sun showed us her face from June until September... Its our favourite pastime talking about the weather xx

Chidkid said...

Oh that sounds lovely! I'm going to come to Barleylands one day..you watch me!