Followers

Thursday 8 September 2016

Gosh the nights...

...are starting to draw in quickly.

It's early September, temperatures are still hot & humid but it is getting dark pretty early.

I don't know about you but dark evenings feel like you should be snuggled in front of a fire with the curtains closed and some knitting or crochet on your lap whilst enjoying some TV.

Well you can forget the fire - with this humid weather we are already yo-yoing between 'comfortable' and 'melting'. However, the knitting is present & correct.

The weather men have been threatening that this Winter will be harsh as we have had a very warm Summer so I've made a start on the scarves for Christmas presents...
 ...this "Fleece" yarn by Robin is so soft and snuggly - I just wish it came in a wider range of colours...
...just one ball will make a nice cosy scarf and as size 6mm needles are used, it knits up very quickly.

Today, we have our first get together of the "Knit & Natter" group at lunchtime - I hope all goes well.

(Can't cross my fingers otherwise I wont be able to knit LOL)...........................................

6 comments:

jill said...

I've nearly done my Christmas present shopping .
Hope you knit & natter group goes well today .
Those gloves using that wool are the sort of things nice to knit when it is cold outside.

Redanne said...

I hope your first knit and natter group went well and that everyone is raring to go for the next one! Anne xx

Virginia said...

Oh hope the knit and natter went fabulously! Have a lovely day - can't wait to see what else you create!

aussie aNNie said...

Our days are getting longer, summer on the way, yay....enjoy your knitting.xxx

Sandra said...

How did it go? I'd really love to get my head around knitting and crochet ... I so envy you.

Its certainly getting warmer next week, so they say, and I know its crazy, but I'm ready for autumn now.

Anonymous said...

Love your scarves, they look wonderful and cosy. xx