Followers

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Sunday I said...

..."Bye-bye" to the Focus.

Mum decided that after 18 years, she no longer wanted a Mobility car so I arranged to return it.

It was strange taking everything out of the vehicle knowing that this was the last time I would drive it...
 ...18 years driving the same style of vehicle (Focus Estate) has almost become second nature...
 ...but I have to say, one thing I have noticed over the years is that the 'finish' on the vehicles has become quite poor...
 ...these two panels over the front wheel (driver's side) were misaligned when we received the car two years ago and things like welding around the tailgate was very rough...
...but on the whole, the car was a pleasure to drive and met its purpose.

This was the first time that Mum had chosen anything other than a blue car and it reminded me a bit of a gingerbread house. So bye-bye "Gingerbread House" and thank you for all the safe miles that you provided us with................................................................

3 comments:

Bubbles said...

I so hate saying farewell to anything - sofa's, cars, homes... lol. We've just sold our large Citroen and opted for a (very used) little-r 4-seater convertible. We have to have 4 seats so we can drive my disabled mum places :)
I love that your car was named the "Gingerbread House"... :)

Redanne said...

I still miss our last car even though we have had this new one (blue) for nearly two years - we always had red before - but the gingerbread colour of your Mum's car is rather nice too! xx

Sandra said...

It's always a little sad saying goodbye to a car ... like a faithful friend