Followers

Friday 10 March 2017

Kicking off...

...our weekend away.

Before our weekend, I'd paid a visit to Poundland and bought some packs of A6 hardbound note books and a selection of paper pads. The idea being that we could all participate in a common project but we could see the different ideas that we each had.

So for my notebook...
 ...out came the DST. Then I had to decide what papers to use...
 ...I went with some papers from the pad called "Pure Frozen" - lots of lovely blues & aqua colours to choose from. Crafting with friends is great as there is always something different to use...
...this was one of Carol's 'power punches'. They are made by Fiskars and it is amazing what they will punch through.
A bit of ribbon and some bling...
 ...and my book was done. The punched shape in the middle...
 ...is backed with aqua glitter paper but no matter how I tried to photograph this it really doesn't show.

This was Carol's finished book...

Chris went all buttons & bling...

I made a start on a second book...

 ...even the inside got some pretty paper.

Rene had a seasonal mix. The papers were from the Autumn pad and she hand coloured the daffs before fussy cutting...

Alison went for some butterflies...

What a fun way to start the weekend and we all now have a pretty notebook to jot down ideas in or give away as a little gift.

The weather outside was rather wet and blustery but we didn't care - we were crafting and having fun..............................................................

3 comments:

Virginia said...

They all look absolutely gorgeous - sometimes the simple things are the most fun!

Katherine said...

They are all beautiful - I am needing to make pretty notebooks - I have half been thinking about creating my own using my bind it all and inserting odd bits of beautiful papers amongst the white pages :)

Redanne said...

They are all so beautiful, amazing what can be done with an inexpensive note book - and it is useful too! xx