Followers

Thursday 4 May 2017

Sorry...

...for the lack of visits & comments.

Over the weekend a problem developed in the heating system at work and on Tuesday when the building was reopened, our security staff were greeted by water pouring through the doors.

I have spent the last couple of days phoning staff & keeping them up to date with the situation (I'm dreading the next mobile bill - it is going to be an OUCH!!! moment). The building has had to remain closed to staff for H&S reasons.

Managers were allowed access to the unaffected wing of the building for an emergency meeting and the building will reopen today with limited access whilst repair works continue in the wing that was flooded.

Normally I would catch up on my blog reading during my lunch break but as there has been no IT use this has thrown a spanner in the works. The PC at home also seems to be on a 'go slow' at the moment so blogland access is very hit & miss at the moment (praise-be to scheduled posts that work on time - almost).

I was able to check the damage to my team's area and I am happy to say that we have escaped pretty unscathed (although we don't have access to our work area whilst repairs are on-going in that wing) - this includes all the RNLI sale stuff (BIG sigh of relief - phew).

So today we decamp to wherever we can find an empty desk and see what we can get done.

So once again, a "Sorry" from me for not visiting or commenting much over the last few days - I hope to catch-up when things calm down a bit...........................................

3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

No need to apologise but sorry to hear about this. Hope it soon gets sorted x

Virginia said...

Crikey Toni that doesn't sound good - hope normality resumes shortly!

aussie aNNie said...

Hope it all gets back to normal soon and certainly no need to apologize Toni, hugs.xx ♥[aNNie]